Today is a very happy day! I logged into my blog to see that I have been awarded the Liebster Award by Healthy Life Counseling! The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers, those with less than 200 followers, and nominations come from fellow bloggers that find their blogs to be worthy of attention. I am so very honored and overjoyed that someone has acknowledged my dedication to inner and outer beauty, and taken the time to appreciate my inspirational efforts. I am very grateful for your nomination! Check out Healthy Life Counseling for inspiration and insight into overcoming obstacles!
Here are the rules:
1. When you accept the award, you answer the questions posed to you by the nominating blogger and list 11 facts about yourself. This is part of the process of getting you known in the blogging world.
2. Determine who you will nominate for the award. The nominee(s) must have 200 or less followers.
3. Go to their blog and inform them that they have been nominated. Choose 11 questions to ask the nominee(s). They then follow the same rules as above and “pass on the love.
NOTE: Not a chain, not a scam, you won’t lose any fingers or toes if you don’t participate. It’s about rewarding you for your good work, not punishing you if you don’t “send this to 14 people in the next 48 hours.” You’re smarter than that. Don’t want to do it? That’s totally cool. 🙂
11 Facts About Myself:
- I have an Undergraduate degree in Philosophy, and am pursuing a Masters degree in Social Work.
- I sort of have a HUGE Starbucks obsession and go nearly every other day (okay maybe sometime’s every day) and order the same thing: a Venti Chai Tea Latte, Hot, No Water, Soy, Six Pumps of Chai.
- There are two things that I can totally lose myself in, dancing and yoga. My mind stills when I’m moving my body to the rhythm of a good song or breathing through a tough asana, I become totally present, and in this presence I ironically find more of myself.
- I used to dream of becoming the Editor & Chief of Glamour magazine, and when I was 13 yrs old I emailed the Editor of Seventeen magazine (my favorite at that time) and inquired about becoming an Editor. She responded with a lengthy email and gave me step-by-step instructions on becoming an Editor! I followed them, and soon became Editor & Chief of my high school newspaper. My column was “Dear Debbie: Take My Advice I’m Not Using It”. I eventually decided not to pursue a competitive career as an Editor, and realized that what I really enjoyed doing was giving others advice. So now I’m an aspiring counselor and life coach. This blog is an outlet for the three things that I am most passionate about: writing, advice and design.
- My initial major in college however was Interior Design, and then Retail Merchandising, before the existential crisis that eventually led me to majoring in Philosophy. A decision that I will never regret because I learned how to think constructively and write effectively, which are valuable assets in every area of life. However, I still love interior decorating and clothing so I feel that these courses have given me some credibility in both departments.
- My absolutely favorite color is pink, it makes me so happy, but growing up I was always ashamed to admit it because I thought that it was too “girly” and I was a bit of a tomboy as a child. However, now I fully embrace my passion for pink and my femininity as well.
- My family and close friends are the most important things in my life and come before everything else. My parents divorced when I was younger, but I am incredibly close with both of them as well as my older brother who could be my twin and bears a striking resemblance to a Ken doll. I call my best girl friends my soul sisters, because I have a deep connection with each and every one of them which has stood the test of both distance and time. I truly wouldn’t be “me” with out all of these people.
- I’m an empath, or otherwise an incredibly empathetic person. I easily pick up on the thoughts and feelings of those around me, and I am very sensitive to other people’s needs. I know when someone is upset, even if they aren’t outwardly expressing that they are, and I immediately find it necessary to relieve their sadness because it becomes my sadness as well.
- Deep meaningful conversations energize me, and my friends often laugh at me for being the one who always winds up in a heart to heart conversation with a stranger at the bar or anywhere really. I can connect with anyone about anything, and I like people to know that they aren’t alone in this world.
- Meditation is probably my most favorite thing in this entire world, it has helped me to realize my potential in more ways than one and has cured nearly every ailment that I have suffered from. I highly recommend meditation to everyone!
- Eleven is my favorite number, I see it EVERYWHERE! I will just happen to glance at 11:11 or 1:11 on the clock every single day, or pass a building whose address is 1111 or whatever! It just jumps out at me, and so it has become my personal indication that I’m being guided by God, the universe, whatever. I mean the fact that I am required to answer 11 random facts about myself, and then 11 questions as well for this award is sort of sweetly coincidental!
So, here are my 11 questions from the nominating blogger:
1. What makes you laugh?
Hmm lots of things make me laugh, anything with Will Ferrell in it will with out a doubt give me a good giggle. One of my best friends Savannah, really touches on my funny bone and you can’t put the two of us together for a second without us inevitably acting like total weirdos and laughing our abs off.
2. What has been your biggest blogging challenge so far?
I haven’t been adamant and proactive about putting myself out there in the blogosphere enough, so that has sort of been a set back when it comes to channeling more followers. Also, finding the time and inspiration to write consistently while juggling the demands of every day has probably effected how many followers I have as well.
3. Favorite movie?
It’s entirely too hard to narrow down to one, so I’m going to have to say that Step Brothers, the Dark Night trilogy, the Sex & the City series and Practical Magic are all a few of my favorites.
4. Kindle or “real” book?
Real Book without a doubt! I already stare at a computer screen enough throughout the day and I’m pretty sure that it’s not good for my vision, so there’s nothing more relaxing than a real book in my hands.
5.What does your perfect day look like?
This exercise has always been challenging for me, because in case you haven’t noticed I am incredibly interested in a vast variety of things! But I am going to attempt to picture my perfect (sun)day…My perfect (sun)day would begin with me waking up in my comfy bed and feeling well rested, there would be a Starbucks Chai sitting on my side table alongside a yummy fruit & whey protein smoothie. After devouring my breakfast, all of my best friends would come in my room and bombard me with love and plans to skateboard to the beach. We would all skateboard to the beach, soak up the sun and play some soccer in the sand, maybe do a little yoga too! After that we would spontaneously hop on a boat with a bunch of friends and head over to reggae sunday for some good vibes and drinks. We would dance on the dock until the beautiful sun started to set, and then we would all go to the Black Fly for dinner so that I could order Lobster Macaroni & Cheese. After dinner, we would all go home and get massages and meditating in order to recharge. Once our energy was revived we would walk into my dream closet from Pinterest, and pick out fabulous outfits to wear out for the night. On my perfect day, we would spice it up a bit and drive (or get a limo) to Jax Beach to go out for the night. There, we would live it up at the beach bars and meet a lot of cool new people. We would end the evening with a sleepover and stay up all night laughing until our bellies hurt. Clearly my perfect day would include anything that involves friends, fun, the sun, the beach, boating, good drinks & good food, as well as lots of dancing and good vibes.
6. What prepares you best for life, school or experience?
Experience, hands down! There is a huge difference between knowing something conceptually and knowing something experientially. School can teach the concepts, but it doesn’t always teach you how to apply them. That’s were experiential knowledge comes in and that’s when you really know something!
7. First 3 things you would do/buy if you won the lottery?
The first thing that I would do would open my own business, a wellness center. I would also book a flight to India and attend yoga teacher training in order to get certified, after I became certified I would travel all around India and Indonesia for a little while. Finally, I would pay off all of mine and my families debts if we had any and start a non-profit organization of some kind (my cause is still yet to be determined).
8. If you could time travel, what year would you travel to? Why?
If I could time travel, I would travel to 100 years in the future in order to see how humanity is doing and research what mistakes they have made within those 100 years in order to prophesies them and hopefully prevent them when I return to the present. I’m sure that would go over well! HA!
9. What is your greatest accomplishment in life?
Fulfilling my dream to study abroad, backpack and au pair in Europe. It feels good to accomplish one of my personal dreams at such a young age.
10. Do you prefer to have a night out with friends or an evening in alone?
It really depends on my mood, at times I’m extremely extroverted and at other times I’m entirely introverted and just want to be alone and hermit.
11.What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
In ten years, I see myself married with children and successfully juggling my dream career with raising a family. I would be an entrepreneur and have a business that would allow me to have a flexible work schedule and be my own boss, while counseling and coaching others to realize their potential!
Thank you all for reading! I now pass on this award to Ethereal Mermaid! Her blog is so inspiring and insightful! I’m all about spirituality, and her blogs is one of my favorite reads when I need to quench my spiritual thirst!